E-Commerce Veteran Appointed to MailPix Board
E-COMMERCE VETERAN PETER TAHMIN APPOINTED TO MAILPIX BOARD OF ADVISORS
Huntington Beach, CA – MailPix, Inc., the newest online photo-printing site, announced Peter Tahmin, former vice president at Ritz Camera & Image and co-founder of the Ritz Interactive e-commerce network, was appointed to its Board of Advisors. He brings 15 years of e-commerce experience and a lifetime of imaging industry experience.
“I’m thrilled about my new advisory role, and I look forward to helping Lerner and MailPix.com chart a smooth course for growth and success,” says Tahmin. “It has the potential to be a truly a unique site – one that will leverage the power of the Web and social networking to families by ‘Turning Images into Memories’ at an extremely affordable price.”
“Peter’s knowledge and experience will help us achieve our potential as he will serve as a valuable resource for the entire MailPix.com team,” says Fred H. Lerner, president and CEO, MailPix.com.
Tahmin joins these other industry and business veterans on the MailPix Board of Advisors:
• James Joaquin is a partner at Catamount Ventures, and formerly president and CEO of Ofoto, leading that company from its start through the successful acquisition by Eastman Kodak Co. He is MailPix.com’s financial advisor.
• Ted McGrath is former president of Fuji Photo Film USA and general manager, Consumer Imaging Division, Eastman Kodak Co.
• Gary Pageau is principal of InfoCircle and former publisher, content development and strategic initiatives, at Photo Marketing Association International (PMAI).
• William A. Roskin is a board member of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. (NYSE: MSO) and is the former executive vice president of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB)
• Oscar B. (Bud) Marx III is a chairman of Amerigon (NASDAQ: ARGN) and is the former president and general manager, Ford of Mexico and CFO of Ford, Europe.
• Bruce Charles is a founder of the law firm, Charles, Kane & Dye LLP handing sophisticated corporate and business transactions for clients in a broad range of industries.
• Gary Kramer is the founder and a co-managing partner of Kramer & Olsen Accountancy Corp. Kramer is a member of the American Institute of CPAs and the California Society of CPAs.
Founded in 2012, MailPix.com is the pre-eminent site for preserving photo memories as photo books, prints, cards, enlargements and other tangible products. The goal of MailPix is to keep costs low and pass savings along to consumers. Founder and CEO Fred H. Lerner has had a long career introducing thousands of people to the importance of “Turning Images into Memories.” He worked his way through college at Berkey Film Processing, spending his early career in New York City, Alexandria, Va., and Long Beach, Calif. Lerner led several photo businesses, including Lerner Photo Inc., Lerner Processing labs Inc., Kodak Processing Labs Inc. and was active with Australia photo businesses like Pacific Film Labs, Rabbit Photo Inc. and Metro Photo Inc. Most recently, he was president and CEO of Ritz Interactive Inc., parent company of RitzCamera.com, WolfCamera.com, CameraWorld.com and PhotoAlley.com. Lerner is a Life Member and past president of Photo Marketing Association International (PMAI) and serves on the board of the International Photographic Counsel (IPC), a United Nations NGO, where is a Hall of Fame member.
The MailPix board of advisors includes James Joaquin of Catamount Ventures, formerly president and CEO of Ofoto; Ted McGrath former President of Fujifilm, USA and General Manager of Kodak’s Consumer Imaging Division; Gary Pageau, former Publisher, Content Development and Strategic Initiatives at Photo Marketing Association International (PMAI); William A. Roskin, board member of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. (NYSE: MSO) and is the former Executive Vice President of Viacom, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB); Oscar B. (Bud) Marx III, chairman of Amerigon (NASDAQ: ARGN) and is the former President & General Manager, Ford of Mexico and CFO and Ford, Europe; Bruce Charles, a founder of the law firm, Charles, Kane & Dye LLP; and Gary Kramer, the founder and a co-managing partner of Kramer & Olsen Accountancy Corporation.
Write a Review